Friday, August 28, 2009

A warning from the Oshkosh Police Department

[We received this from the Oshkosh Police Department and are happy to pass it along on their behalf.]

This email was sent to me by a person on our list. She asked I share the information with others.
Sgt Kaiser

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sgt. Kaiser,

This may be of interest to the community. I'm thinking you can help spread the word. I was online yeserday when interrupted by a security alert. There have been numerous incoming attempts from an IP location 67.29.139.234 The server is attempting to spread a Trojan listed as Ring Zero by running UDP proxy scans. There are also a number of unsolicited attempts to run port scans listed as "non-routable." which are described as being used to invade computers using Spyware and Adware.

I filed a complaint using IC3 in hopes it can be stopped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home