Thursday, July 01, 2010

Rep. Hintz to be recognized as a “Conservation Champion”

Oshkosh – The Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters (WLCV) held its 2009-2010 Scorecard Party in Oshkosh at Becket’s Restaurant Tuesday night to recognize Rep. Gordon Hintz (D-Oshkosh). Hintz was named a Conservation Champion for supporting 100% of the pro-conservation bills this legislative session.

The Conservation Scorecard grades state legislators on their pro-conservation votes during the 2009-10 legislative session. The legislation WCLV weighed included renewable energy legislation, legislation protecting children from the toxins (BPA), and legislation that increased hunting and recreation opportunities.

“I am proud of my voting record on conservation issues”, said Rep. Gordon Hintz. “I hear from my constituents constantly on the importance of protecting our environment and recognize the necessity to protect our natural resources and the direct economic impact this has on Oshkosh . We must continue to protect the health of the Lake Winnebago system. I look forward to doing my part as a legislator in future sessions to continue this important work.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home