Sunday, November 11, 2012

From Oshkosh Area School District Board of Education member, Steve Dedow...


Well, as my term in office for school board ends in April of 2013 and nomination papers can be circulated next month, I would like to say this: This has been an amazing experience, one which I will never forget. I believe in my heart that I have made a positive contribution to improve the educational opportunities for the...
children of our community. I came to the table with no outlined agenda other than to offer a voice from a parent, taxpayer, working man and longtime resident. I am quite proud of the many initiatives that we have accomplished as a Board and as a community. I am also aware that we have made mistakes along the way. I have learned a great deal from those mistakes.

The current Board of Education, as it stands, is an outstanding group of caring, dedicated and diverse community members. I truly respect and admire each one of them. That being said I plan on joining them for another term. I realize that the timing of this statement is somewhat premature, that the “game” is to wait to the last minute to announce that you are running. Quite frankly I do not believe that local politics is a game, especially when it comes to little kids.

Ultimately, what I am saying is; that element of our community which dislikes what I have done as a board member now has an additional four weeks to find a suitable candidate to oppose me.

For myself, I recommit my heart to accomplish what I believe is in the best interest of our children. So I am in - if you’ll have me again.

Stephen Dedow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home