Thursday, March 30, 2017

Eye on Oshkosh - Oshkosh Renter's Coalition - taped 3-30-17



The latest edition of Eye on Oshkosh is now online. In this edition, host Cheryl Hentz talks with Tim Ernst, the founder of the Oshkosh Renter's Coalition about the formation of this coalition, what its mission is, and why the recently-enacted Rental Inspection Ordinance in the city of Oshkosh is a much-needed ordinance, and the responsible thing to do in order to help protect tenants, and ultimately landlords, as well. The show can be seen here, but you can also share the following link with others: https://youtu.be/V6WsnICA2Rc

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl Hentz said...

JodyThompsonApril 14, 2017 at 8:47 AM
Many thanks to both you and Tim Erntz. I've checked in with your shows from time to time over the years and am grateful for your dedication and longevity, I also always learn something. The (very watered-down) Eau Claire rental inspection ordinance is up for final reading at the end of this month and I got some great perspectives from your show. Followed up on a couple of things you mentioned. The threat of passing the fees on to the tenants is a real heavy mantra here, and frankly I'm so used to hearing that I did not perceive it as intimidation, until you and Tim discussed it and I realized how truly crappy that tactic is. Sadly intimidation really works here, and the Oshkosh anti-inspection lawsuit seems to be scaring EC officials a heck of a lot more than it scares you all. I wish our folks would borrow a pair from your council and strap 'em on. BTW - I don't think it was my imagination, but at one point I'm sure you said something was "lame-ass". A lame-ass excuse maybe. I love enhanced content of that nature. So really, a job well done on so many levels. Thanks again.

April 15, 2017 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home