Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Michael Domke for Oshkosh Common Council

Contributed by: Mike
As many of you already know I have chosen to run for the Oshkosh Common Council in the upcoming elections. I want to give the citizens of Oshkosh the representation that they deserve and in doing this provide the taxpayers a more accountable voice when it comes to their money.

While on the subject of voice, I want to clarify the issue of the high tone of my voice, as several individuals have inquired about it. To clarify this issue it is related to an injury I experienced several years ago. So please “Hear my words and not the tone of my voice”. Coincidentally, I think it gets higher every year but not as rapidly as my tax bill.

My goal is to bring an open mind to the council and give the citizens of Oshkosh the voice they have long needed on the Council. The members of the Council will be faced with many issues such as downtown redevelopment, street/utility repairs and reduced state shared revenue only to name a few. Other factors may include pending legislation that will put restrictions on city spending. These are decisions that set the future direction of Oshkosh and need to be made with proper initial planning and long-term planning.

I never have been one to sit back and let others form an opinion for me without first considering all the factors myself. As an elected official I would ask questions and demand proper planning prior to my decision making.

I have been a resident of Oshkosh for the past 10 years having been raised in the DePere area. I’m employed by the State of Wisconsin at the Winnebago Correctional Center as the facility work release coordinator. My wife and I have one child and one on the way. I enjoy living in Oshkosh and look forward to an opportunity to help make Oshkosh a more exciting and attractive area to live.

I encourage voters to contact me with any questions they may have about the various issues surrounding myself or my stances on issues. Anyone interested in allowing me to place a yard sign in their yards would also be appreciated.

My contact information is domkeforcouncil@yahoo.com or call 920-232-5401. Remember to please vote February 15, 2005 for Michael Domke. Thank you.