Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Campaign notes from Brian Poeschl

[We have received the following notes from candidate for Oshkosh Common Council Brian Poeschl. We thank him for allowing us to share them with you.]

It's election time once again. After serving on the city council for 2 years and then some time off of the coucnil, I have now began my campaign for city council once again. I ask for your vote in the primary on feb 21st and hopefully again in the main election in April.

There are a lot of things going on in Oshkosh, although my main concern is and always will be the streets in Oshkosh. I would like to see two things happen in the city of oshkosh.

1-would be to lay out a city wide street map along with sanitary and sewer ways to be completed over the next 5 years. This would give residents a way to plan for what it will cost them for there street when it is redone and when to expect it done.

2-is the water and flooding that we all know of in Oshkosh. Now I know that this is being worked on through the Public Works department. I would like to see this put into a 5 year plan also and put in a plan that citizens may know of what there increase may be.

I'm running again so I can use the knowledge that I learned once before while being on the city council and also to try and protect your local tax dollar. If we don't protect the tax dollar with what is going on, in 10-15 years there will only be low class and high class citizens in Oshkosh and no middle class at all. We need to protect that almighty dollar!!

In Budgeting, I see many changes that should be done!! No more fees, put it in the taxes and leave it there. I don't use any of the fees currently. Those fees that are for the drop off center on witzel, boat docking fees, zoo fees and any others. Even though I don't sue them put them back in the taxes and let people that do use them in paying there taxes early be able to write them off. Also when looking at the budgets I hope to take a new look at the budget and cut the fat in city hall. Every year its always cutting a fireman or policeman or fire station. Never do you hear that it would be 2 positions in city hall, or the water department, etc. My main goal is to take the budget process to a new level. That would be to take a look at so many depts each and every month, so that in time you have an idea long before the budget comes for the next year and look at department revisions and making it equal across the board.

Please vote for Brian Poeschl as your city council representative on Tuesday, February 21st!!!