Thursday, January 12, 2006

Deterioration of Oshkosh??

Contributed by: DP

Well, it's finally happened, a murder in Oshkosh. Not that it hasn't happened before, but this one seems different. Funny that it would come only 3 days after I predicted something like this would soon start happening in Oshkosh...it seemed inevitible. This recent shooting in Oshkosh should be a wakeup call to our citizens. While still a much, much safer place than most, it is starting to show the signs of moral and economic decay that tends to lead to this type of senseless violence. Drugs and gangs are here, don't kid yourself. Why Oshkosh, why now? It's terrible that a young man with so many years ahead of him was killed, but the claims of a botched burglary are hard to believe. I've heard that this wasn't a random act of violence. I'm very disturbed by the trend in many parts of our city. Am I wrong? I'd like to think that my observations are wrong and I'm just getting old senile.

P.S. Cudos to the Oshkosh police officer who noticed someone acting suspicious. It led to a high speed chase that resulted in the arrest of a man (from Milwaukee, with a drug history). Hopefully the full story will come out on why he was here, and why he ran from the law. And...I'm sure that you will soon hear the word "profiling" being used. But from one citizen of Oshkosh, I say good job and thank you.