Saturday, September 02, 2006

Pennewell Campaign Mailer Is Doubtful

[the following was received from an anonymous poster and originally posted on an earlier version of Eye on Oshkosh]

Contributed by: Anonymous
In today's mail I got a campaign mailer from Michelle Pennewell who's running for DA in Winnebago County. It's the usual ho-hum stuff that politicians say to sway voters to their side. As I was throwing it into the trash can one thing noticed that seems pretty suspect to me.

She claims to have "tried over three times as many cases as both her opponents combined". Three times?!?!? I find that hard to imagine and would like to know how she came up with that claim.

Joe Manske is running for DA as a Dem. I don't know anything about him and because he's been so quiet it's beginning to look like we may not. I can't vote for someone I don't know anything about.

What we know about Ms. Pennewell is that in 7 years she's held 5 jobs. We also know she has an intimate relationship with an attorney working in the DA's office right now. We also know that she first said she would have no problem working with her fiance in the office if she got elected and now she says if she gets elected he'll move to the Outagamie County DA's office. We also know our present DA Bill Lennon supports her along with Deputy DA John Jorgenson. That's enough to make me vote for someone else. I don't like what I see from this woman and I don't trust her.

I've listened carefully to both Pennewell and Christian Gossett and I think Christian Gossett is the best choice for our new DA. In looking at his campaign material, most fellow attorneys and people in law enforcement do too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home