Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Meeting Monte's challenge

As most Oshkosh area bloggers know, Kent Monte first started with his most recent innuendo about me two weeks ago. Then last week he got in a snit because he was not invited to appear on the Eye on Oshkosh program with other candidates participating in the spring election. I explained to readers on both my sites that he was not invited because he'd stated last year he would not appear on the program again. Monte promptly denied that, launched more accusations at me in typical Monte fashion, and challenged me to post where he'd made that comment.

It took me a little bit to find it, mainly because it was under a topic that one would not ordinarily find such a comment. And, truth be known, I probably spent more time than his "challenge" really required. But now that it has been located, I am posting the link for everyone to follow if they're interested. You can follow this link to Tony Palmeri's blog site and scroll part way down to read Mr. Monte's own words.

I know some feel we should be focusing on issues; I agree. But as we've heard since the days of Bill Clinton, character matters. And I believe the rashness with which someone running for office makes decisions and the manner in which they conduct themselves when someone opposes them are character traits which also must be considered if we are to put the right people in office.

Since last week I have dealt with Mr. Monte's unwarranted attacks - both personal and professional - all because he couldn't remember what he said last year and apparently wasn't thorough enough in his research to find his own comments. Hopefully this will put an end to all that (and this issue) and in the future Mr. Monte will either be less hasty in saying things that ultimately burn his own bridges and which he might later regret, or at a minimum not be so quick to suggest someone else is lying or at fault just because he can't find what he needs to prove otherwise.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kent Monte said...

Well, I guess you are correct.

I apologize to you sincerely. I did not recall saying it or writing it. The proof has been produced and I will now eat my words.

Thank you for producing the post.

K. Monte

PS. The post has been moved off my site.

February 06, 2007 6:41 AM  
Blogger Cheryl Hentz said...

Kent, I thank you for your apology and for removing your original post. I appreciate it.

Given your apology and gesture, I will extend one also. If you still wish to come on the show during this campaign season, I'd be willing to offer that, with the understanding that I only have one 30-minute slot left and because of taping dates and scheduling that particular show would only air once before the primary. I will call you today to see if that is of interest to you. Thank you again for your apology.

February 06, 2007 7:56 AM  
Blogger Questioning said...

Kudos Cheryl, I think you have taken the high road and everyone is better off because of it.

February 06, 2007 9:07 AM  
Blogger Cheryl Hentz said...

Thank you, Questioning. I very much appreciate your comments but I think Mr. Monte has also shown maturity and responsibility in his response this morning.

I don't always have time to deal with things like this nor do I feel I should have to prove myself anytime somebody challenges me, especially if it's something insignificant. But in this case I felt it was important and managed to find some time to search it out and finally found it late last night.

Mr. Monte has told me there was some discussion of this issue on another site and that he has apologized there as well. I thank him for that also.

One request of bloggers: Mr. Monte and I have put the matter to rest and I would ask that others please do the same, no matter which side of the fence they were on. Thank you.

February 06, 2007 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home